September 2009: FREE COMEDY IMPROV SHOW!
- Saturday, October 10th, at 2:00 p.m. at the Irvington Public Library, Andy Wainer's Comedy Improv troupe, "Improvabilities Basement Players", will present a live, spontaneous, brand new, unique and interactive Comedy Improv show! Ages 8 and above are welcome - great family program! Audience participation! FREE! Learn more here.
- Andy's Improv group, 'Improvabilities', is featured prominently in a local Westchester newspaper. To read, click on this link
- Andy is teaching an Improv workshop at the prestigious holistic center, Wainwright House, in Rye, NY, in October! The class is titled "Spontaneity and Joy through Comedy Improv". For more info or to register, please go here
and click on Andy's program in October.
- Radio Improv! On Tues. Dec. 18th, Andy and a few members of his "Improvabilities" troupe appeared live on Bob Marrone's morning program "Good Morning Westchester" on WVOX 1460 am radio in New Rochelle, NY. Andy, Ed Walther, Bill Rothman, Joan Yanowitch and Linda Goldberg did nearly a half hour of live improv on the radio with Bob! Bob proved to be a skilled improviser in his own right, and all had much fun!
- Andy was interviewed for the 5th time on WVOX AM radio (1460 on the dial) in Westchester county on Monday, Dec. 10th, about his Improvabilities work, by Bob Marrone, the morning host. Next week, Andy is scheduled to appear on Bob's show again with several members of "Improvabilities", the Improv group Andy directs, to do something quite unique: live Improv on the radio! Stay tuned!
- Andy has directed his Improv troupe, "The Popcorn Vultures",in 3 recent, very
successful performances: March, 2007, at Atria Assisted Living in Bronx, NY; April, 2007 at Temple Bet Shalom
in Mahopac, NY; May, 2007 at Westchester Family Services Youth Forum in White Plains, NY and July, 2007 at Westchester Family Services Youth Forum in Dobbs Ferry, NY. There was a good
crowd at each show; the audience shouted out suggestions that we used in the show, and even participated in
- "The Popcorn Vultures" have performed again! In December 2006, Andy's Improv group performed for the third time at
Coffee Labs in Tarrytown, NY; in November, 2006, the group performed for the second time at Atria Riverdale in the Bronx, NY. Both shows were very
successful and enthusiastically received by standing-room-only crowds.
- Andy directed his Improv group, "The Popcorn Vultures", in a terrific performance at the Atria Assisted Living
in the Bronx, NY. The audience loved it, and kept calling the group back for encores. Says Director Trudy Wagner, "The Popcorn Vultures were
amazing. Everyone loved them! Andy did a great job, and we hope to have them perform here again soon!"
- Andy will teach one of the first classes in Westchester in Stand-Up Comedy
! The class is called "Stand-Up and Be
Funny", and will be
offered at Westchester Community College this summer, in the Adult & Continuing Ed. program. Dates - 5 Monday evenings, 7:30 - 9:30 p.m. ; July 10th - August
7th. For more info/To register, please call 914-606-6830. Come learn Stand-Up Comedy with Andy!
- Andy directs his weekly Improv group, The
Popcorn Vultures, in a live performance in Tarrytown, NY. It's their second live gig, and
the audience responds most favorably.
2006 - Andy becomes the Drama Leader for Atria Assisted Living in the Bronx, NY. Participants will study, read and act out
various plays. Also, in March, Andy will conduct an Improv and Role-Playing Training Session at the 2006 Annual Make-a-Wish Foundation Volunteer Conference
& Thank You Luncheon in Tarrytown, NY. And, also in March, Andy will conduct an Improv and Team-Building program at Westchester Community College's
annual Staff Development Day, in Valhalla, NY.
Betty Bonta, an administrator at the Bronxwood Home for the Aged & Assisted Living, in the Bronx,
who is working towards learning how to drive a tractor-trailer, has passed the written portion of her test! This is a credit
to her hard work and perseverance, and now she will continue to work on passing the driving portion of the test! She
has received many items thus far from generous donors, to give to the victims of Hurrican Katrina, when she drives a
tractor-trailer to the Gulf region, in 2006, on her own! * Dec. 22, 2005
Andy has been teaching a workshop called 'How to Achieve Your Goals' at the Bronxwood Home for the Aged, in the
Bronx, NY, since early 2005. Participants learn strategies to help them
with achieving their goals. One of the participants has been Betty Bonta, an
Administrator at the Bronxwood; click here to read about her current goal
, which involves learning how to drive a
tractor-trailer at age 71 and
helping victims of Hurrican Katrina at the same time!
Click here to read Andy's article "Quick-Improvise! The Postive Joys and Powers of Improv" from the Summer 2005
issue of The Humor Connection.
(This requires Adobe Reader.
Click here to download.)
Click to read a news article about Andy from the Bronx Times Reporter, April 2005
Andy is now a member of AATH, the Association for Applied & Therapeutic Humor. In Feb. 2005, Andy will be presenting an Improvisation program at the
AATH Annual Conference in Tampa, Florida.
Click to read a news article about Andy from the Rivertowns Enterprise newspaper, July 2004
On Wednesday, August 11th, Andy was interviewed on WVOX AM, 1460 on the dial, a local radio station in Westchester County, NY, on a show featuring local entrepreneurs. View Picture